Thursday, August 25, 2005

He's baaaaack!

Not me, but someone much more important. I had occasion to roust extra early this morning, before the sun, and when I went outside, there he was: Orion rising majestically in the pink-and-azure eastern sky, shoulders straight and strong, bow at the ready. How quickly this summer is passing! The kids are on their way back from Bermuda and California, and will start school next Wednesday. Next Wednesday, I'll have the keys to my new-old house, and a whole new chapter will begin.

The tomatoes are still coming in. I was pleased to have the green zebras again, to add zing to the summer salads. My new favorite now, though, is the pineapple: yellow streaked with red, and oh so mild and sweet!

This night-time chill and Orion remind me to savor the peach pies I've been making by the pair every weekend, before they soon turn to apple. I have my PA hunting license, and the doe tag should be here any day. Two weeks left still to pick up my MD license. I think it's time to start some daily shooting!

No comments: