Sunday, September 23, 2007

Happy Autumn!

And so another season begins. The last evening of Summer found me at the Uniontown picnic. Still trying to get over that excitement! Hah. I'm happy to report that my peach pie brought $15 in the dessert auction, the second highest of any of the desserts.

While I'm patting myself on the back, let me say, it must be working. The other day, daughter unit said she had a hard time recognizing me from across the field hockey field — I looked tall, and thin, and well-defined. Aw, shucks! The proof will be in the cholesterol test, though, which I am going to schedule for about 4 weeks from now. If this program has not worked, there's really nothing else I can do...well, one more thing, maybe, short of going on meds. We'll see.

Need to pick some greens for Mom. She liked them, which surprised me, because my mix is heavy on arugula among other things, and packs a bit of a kick. They're all growing so well now; I guess the weather has been perfect for it. I wonder if I'll have time to do the makeshift cloche I've been thinking about, to extend the season into November? Come pick some!

Hope your Summer was a good one, gentle readers, and that your Autumn is beautifully exciting.

No comments: