Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Take this eating test...

Still haven't read that article?

I've come up with what I think is a pretty reliable way to measure the health of the diet around here: How often do you empty the kitchen compost bucket? It you're eating well, it's often. I'm emptying mine at least twice a week, and sometimes every other day. That means lots of vegetables and fruits are being prepared.

Don't have a compost bucket? Then you need to ask yourself a question: Why not? Anyone, anywhere, can compost. If you're feeling challenged or need some tips, post your questions.

One thing that doesn't seem destined for a compost heap anytime soon is our Christmas tree. It's still drinking plenty of water, and dropping no needles to speak of. This makes me happy. I was just reflecting the other day how tragic it is to cut a tree down to honor it only for a few short weeks. I think I'll beat my Valentine's Day record this year. Wouldn't it be great if it lasted all the way 'til Spring!?

No comments: