Wednesday, May 18, 2005

There Is A Pond

What would I tell you,
dear friend,
to have you know me?

There is a pond
there in the back
across the field
behind the trees

No one knows it’s there
but me, and a few others
who have walked this land
and studied its treasures

If you come in the Spring
though, you will have
some inkling that there
is water behind those trees

You will not see it
you will not smell it
but will hear it in the
voices of tree frogs

calling out to you
luring you with their
sweet spell, sweet voices
calling, asking

“Who are you?”
“Where are you?”
Sirens of the Spring
night and you
cannot resist

No you cannot
resist
the call of
love
the call of
redemption
the call to
leave everything
behind
but your soul
which you carry
with you
always
and
surrender
always
to the sound of
sweet voices
in the night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I know you dear friend, and I remember a pond being ringed by trees that you cannot see unless you go to it deliberately.